Last summer two of my girl friends spent the day with me on my back porch: sun shining, full of giggles, and the deal was that I’d host if the girls brought munchies. One of the easiest, summer recipes I’ve learned is all thanks to good friends that love food as much as I do!
One of my friends [and creator of this dish] is a vegetarian, so for the sake of being good friends we always try to have at least one vegetarian meal or snack when we get together. This has selfishly opened me up to so much variety! Not only am I always able to adopt new ideas using [sometimes] unfamiliar foods, but I’m able to add recipes to my repertoire that are easy to change up in order to please different crowds. This pasta salad is a party pleaser for sure! Feel free to change up the veggies, add more protein with chicken, turkey, or pepperoni, and use leftovers in your weekly meal prep (huge convenience factor)!
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 (12-15 oz) bag of Cheese Tortellini
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Cup of halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cup of halved (and pitted) Kalamata Olives
- 1 Cup of crumbled Feta Cheese
- Greek Vinaigrette Dressing to taste
- Boil water. Cook cheese tortellini to completion (about 10 minutes) and place in the refrigerator to cool (about 30 minutes).
- Chop cucumber and both peppers into bite size pieces.
- In a serving pan or bowl, mix tortellini, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, and olives evenly.
- Top pasta salad with feta cheese, and Greek dressing to taste. Enjoy!